Sunday, October 23, 2011

Married with Zombies

Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen

I was looking for something light and fun with some action, and Married with Zombies delivered. It was also very annoying. In just about every scene, the protagonists made classic zombie invasion mistakes, and it seems like they never learned from them. Also, at some point the emotion of killing undead people has to fade away. There was no progression throughout the novel. I’ll read the next one, and I’m sure it’ll be fun. I just won’t expect it to be very good. Hopefully I’m pleasantly surprised.

I do have to add that there was a one part that really irritated me:
“Now call out.”
I tilted my head in confusion. “Call out?”
He nodded with utter certainty. “If someone’s hiding in here, they might be less afraid if a woman calls for them than a man.”
I rolled my eyes but sisnce I didn’t want to argue the concept of feminism with my husband at that particular moment, I cleared my throat.”
That has nothing to do with feminism. In fact, I feel like that passage cheapens the whole meaning of the concept. That moment really took me out of the story.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment